Pharmaceutical preparations are commonly used for benign prostate hyperplasia. This article reviews the current understanding of the natural history of the condition and the literature regarding medical treatment.
- ALTESS, Alfuzosin Long-Term Efficacy and Safety
- AUR, acute urinary retention
- BPH, benign prostate hyperplasia
- DHT, dihydrotestosterone
- IPSS, International Prostrate Symptom Score
- LUTS, lower urinary tract symptoms
- MTOPS, Medical Therapy of Prostatic Symptoms
- PLESS, Finasteride (Proscar) Long-term Efficacy and Safety Study group
- PSA, prostrate-specific antigen
- benign prostatic hyperplasia
- pharmaceutical preparations
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.