This review discusses recent advances in the understanding of how the common pathogen, uropathogenic Escherichia coli, interacts with the host to lead to infection.
- UTI, urinary tract infection
- UPEC, uropathogenic Escherichia coli
- LPS, lipopolysaccharide
- CNF, cytotoxic necrotising factor
- THP, Tamm-Horsfall protein
- TLR, toll-like receptor
- MAC, membrane attack complex
- urinary tract infections
Statistics from Altmetric.com
Funding: Wellcome Trust (Neil S Sheerin).
Conflicts of interest: none declared.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.