Doctors from many medical specialties request echocardiography as part of their assessment of patients with a wide range of pathology. Recent advances in the technology and techniques of echocardiography are discussed. The role of echocardiography in acute medicine is reviewed and its place in general medicine is also discussed.
- COPD, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- ECG, electrocardiography
- LVH, left ventricular hypertrophy
- LVO, left ventricular cavity opacification
- RVSP, right ventricular systolic pressure
- TOE, transoesophageal echocardiography
- TTE, transthoracic echocardiography
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.