Statistics from Altmetric.com
(1) Consultants regularly work longer hours than junior doctors.
(2) PFI [private finance initiative] economics don’t make sense but the outcome was inevitable.
(3) Life is better outside major cities, but they are fun to visit.
(4) Do not apply for a consultant post in Tunbridge Wells if you decline to be involved in private practice.
(5) Medical journalism does not have the magical enriching effect of Harry Potter.
(6) Daughters are different from sons and more use on the whole.
(7) Medicine may be a doctor’s principal hobby, but it should not be the only one.
(8) The NHS has higher standards than private practice despite the negative publicity, and tackles all the most difficult problems.
(9) Conscientious teachers put in just as many hours as doctors.
(10) Health service managers have a much shorter professional life than consultants, who are able to take a longer view.